Wednesday, April 18, 2012

La Nourrice

When I began to work at the Founding Hospital in London, I had to wear certain type of clothing, which seemed to be very similar to the rest of the nurses. As a female nurse we wore a soft crinoline skirt with a full apron. Pinafores, still collars, puffy sleeves, and removable cuffs describe my uniform perfectly! Nursing was 1 of 3 medical professions which were opened to the middle-class women. The other two choices; midwifery and doctoring didn’t interest me as much so I decided to stick to nursing. A doctor’s profession was characterized to only belong to males. We women were to stay within the will that God had assigned to us. Just like Florence NIghtingale looked up to God, i looked up to her. She was a very talented and brave women.  All the patients loved Nightingale because was so caring. Not only was she a cared for nurse but she also set almost all nursing systems and techniques we use. She is my inspiration of becoming a better nurse each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment